Operations Associate, Primary Health Care Performance Initiative
The Primary Health Care Performance Initiative (PHCPI) was founded by the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, the World Bank Group and the World Health Organization, in partnership with Ariadne Labs and Results for Development.
PHCPI works to transform the global state of primary health care, beginning with better measurement. The initiative brings together country policymakers, health system managers, practitioners, advocates and other development partners to catalyze improvements in primary health care in low- and middle-income countries.
Population Action International is the host organization for the PHCPI Secretariat, and this position will be located at PAI’s offices in Washington, DC.
For additional information, please visit http://improvingphc.org.
The Operations Associate will be an integral part of the PHCPI Secretariat, a central team devoted to ensuring the achievement of the Initiative’s goals and coordinating the activities of the PHCPI partners.
This is an exciting opportunity to help develop innovative, data-driven solutions to pressing global development challenges and to work with global health professionals on the cutting edge of the field in a unique collaboration.
The Operations Associate will play an important role in overall project management for PHCPI. Day-to-day responsibilities will include:
- Providing administrative and logistical support to the PHCPI Secretariat, including managing communications between the Secretariat and partners.
- Assisting with PHCPI meeting and event logistics in the US and overseas, including scheduling, planning, and securing locations for convenings, managing invitations and arranging for participant travel, preparing agendas and materials, taking and circulating notes, and following up on action items and commitments made.
- Maintaining shared initiative folders, including archiving all key program documentation so it is accessible to the entire partnership.
- Supporting the Secretariat with scheduling, travel coordination and expense tracking, managing the PHCPI calendar, implementing project management software, and monitoring the PHCPI Secretariat budget with assistance from the host organization, including data entry for budget tracking.
- Completing routine finance and administration forms; drafting, processing, and managing consultant contracts and invoices; expense tracking and budget monitoring; and implementing and monitoring administrative systems for the partnership.
- Assisting in the development and preparation of reports, technical materials and presentations for use in PHCPI meetings and events.
- Assisting with PHCPI’s social media presence and updating content on the PHCPI website.
- Attending meetings and events and stay abreast of media and other developments relevant to global primary health care, and keeping the partnership informed of relevant discussions and announcements through regular dissemination of updates.
- Managing PHCPI’s contact database and responding to general inquiries.
- Assisting with management of any PHCPI interns or fellows. Other responsibilities as assigned.
- Degree (B.A. minimum) in global health or development studies, public policy, economics, foreign policy, pre-med, nursing, business, non-profit administration, or a related field.
- Demonstrated project management skills and exacting attention to detail.
- Demonstrated interest in and knowledge of global health landscape, especially primary health care; with experience living/working in a lower- or middle-income country desirable.
- Strong organizational and communication skills, including fluent command of written and spoken English.
- Impeccable people skills; calm, diplomatic demeanor; creative, problem-solving attitude; and ability to confidently work with colleagues and partners at all levels.
- Strong proficiency with technology (MS Office Suite, databases, basic Web publishing, common social media platforms, project management software) and ability to create compelling presentation decks.
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks, flexibility, and a teamwork orientation.
Please send resume, cover letter, and brief writing sample to email@example.com. This position will remain open until it is filled.