PAI envisions a world where all people have access to high quality, affordable and comprehensive sexual and reproductive health care.
For 56 years, we have worked towards this goal, confronting whatever obstacles stand between women and girls and the sexual and reproductive health care they need and deserve. As attacks on reproductive rights have intensified, and global commitment to justice and equity has become paramount, our work remains guided by our values.
For more information on PAI’s work, visit our latest annual report. And to learn more about how PAI is supporting on-the-ground advocates during the COVID-19 pandemic, read the latest edition of The Catalyst.
We’re proud to be recognized as a financially accountable and transparent organization.
PAI Donor Policy
PAI is committed to protecting the privacy of our donors. When you become a PAI donor, you trust PAI to use your money wisely and to protect any and all personal information that is included with your donation. We value our donors’ trust and, as such, recognize that transparency and accountability to our supporters and the public are essential at all times.
“Personal information” refers to any information that is recorded in any form that can be used to distinguish or identify a specific individual, such as name, address, telephone number, and email address. We collect and store personal information that is given to PAI voluntarily by our donors via online mechanisms, such as email subscriptions, online donation services, action alert sign-ups, event registration, and any other online interaction between PAI and its donors, as well as offline mechanisms, such as mail or telephone donation services and event registration, in-person conversations and meetings, and any other offline interaction between PAI and its donors.
Use and Disclosure of Personal Information
The staff and board of PAI certify that PAI:
- Will not trade, share, or sell a donor’s personal information with anyone else, nor send donor mailings on behalf of other organizations.
- Will only share or sell personal information once the donor has given PAI specific permission to do so.
- Will collect payment information, billing address, and other information necessary to process a donation. This payment information will be used only to process a donation and is not stored by PAI.
- Will use personal information to protect against potential fraud. We may verify with third parties the information collected in the course of processing a donation. If donors use a credit or debit card on the website, we may use card authorization and fraud screening services to verify that the card information and address matches the information supplied to us and that the card being used has not been reported lost or stolen.
- May use personal information to tailor our content and customize donors’ experience and interaction with PAI and our staff. We may use this information to send donors PAI emails or mailings, updates on our programs and organization, gift solicitations, and other communications. Donors may opt-out of these communications at any time.
Our donors have the right to review information that we have collected about them. To review this information please contact us at email@example.com or 202-557-3400.