Population Action International (PAI), a leading advocate for family planning and reproductive health in the developing world, seeks a Development Coordinator to work in PAI’s Resources Development department.
PAI advocates for women and families to have access to contraception in order to improve their health, reduce poverty and protect their environment. Guided by its strategic plan, PAI is in a period of exciting organizational advancement and growth. Over the next several years, PAI expects to focus its international efforts in a series of priority countries in the developing world, as well pursue new opportunities with donor governments that support international reproductive health and rights. PAI’s foundation and institutional fundraising efforts will play a critical role in achieving a strong and sustainable organization and successfully implementing the strategic plan.
Position Description: Under the supervision of the Vice President of Development, the Development Coordinator supports general fundraising and development activities at PAI. The Development Coordinator is responsible for work that includes maintaining donor records, conducting donor research, supporting events, donor acknowledgments and other administrative duties. S/he is responsible for the management and accuracy of the organization’s data as it pertains to the program as well as interfacing with other departments such as finance and executive to ensure streamlined and effective processes. This position also supports the Vice President of Development as necessary.
- Passion for PAI’s mission, and for working in an organization during a period of change and growth.
- Knowledge of international reproductive health and rights, and the related donor community, a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field and 3+ years of related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience working with Microsoft office suite; high level of comfort working with online applications. Working knowledge and understanding of donor databases is preferred.
- Motivated self-starter with ability to work independently, as well as part of a highly interactive team.
Application Process: Please submit a cover letter and resume via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. PAI is an equal opportunity employer. PAI is a family-friendly organization offering a competitive benefit package.
Closing: January 15, 2015