At PAI, we are motivated by one powerful truth: a woman who is in charge of her reproductive health can change her life and transform her community. PAI is a global organization that champions policies that put women in charge of their reproductive health, including access to contraception, and safe and legal abortion. PAI achieves this through a 50+ year presence in Washington, DC, advocating with those who drive policy change, and defend against policies that harm women and girls. We also make it possible for local civil society organizations throughout Africa, Asia and Latin America, to access the funding, training and partnership they need to achieve policy change in their own local context. We are simultaneously on the front lines and in the background, focused first and foremost on the impact our work has on the lives of women and girls around the world.
The contribution of our 40 experts and staff is multiplied by an exemplary board of directors, and further leveraged by the work of partners in more than 17 countries. We pride ourselves on a strong set of institutional values that prizes excellence, teamwork, integrity and mutual respect. We hold firm our commitment to people, and as such we offer a generous benefits package, great work/life perks, and a flexible environment in which each individual is supported to be their best selves.
PAI is seeking an External Relations (ExR) Coordinator who will provide support to the External Relations department which consists of two teams: Communications and Development. This support includes managing small outreach and research projects, assisting with department budgets and expense reports, organizing departmental meetings and assisting with travel arrangements as necessary. As a member of the Communications team, the External Relations Coordinator is also responsible for responding to internal and external requests for information, keeping track of the team budget, media clippings and other administrative tasks. As a member of the Development team, the External Relations Coordinator will assist with maintaining records on donors and revenue received, preparing acknowledgement letters to donors and assisting with administrative tasks
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- An interest in communications, international family planning and foreign policy a plus
- Experience with a donor database (Salesforce preferred) and donor data management
- Ability to write, edit and speak clearly
- Knowledge of foreign language a plus
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Administrative Support: prepare Communications and Development expense forms and check requests, following PAI policies and procedures; organize department and team meetings as well as external coalition meetings; assist with travel arrangements as needed; manage vendors including invoicing and maintenance of vendor list; assist with Communications workflow by monitoring ticketing system and responding to requests as needed;
- Budget Monitoring: assist with monitoring the Communications annual operating budget
- Database Input: assist the Development Associate in processing and maintaining records on all grants, gifts and pledges to PAI; add and update Development database records in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) to maintain accurate donor contact information, contact notes and contributes histories.
- External Communications: assist Development Associate with donor acknowledgment by copying, filing and mailing letters.
- Program Support: compile daily media summaries; assist with strategic communications planning including campaigns and events; manage Communications digital assets (photos, videos, design files, storytelling transcripts); write and copyedit print and digital publications as needed
- Research Assistance: conduct research as needed
Salary: $42,000 – $48,000
Please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with “External Relations (ExR) Coordinator” in the subject line. This announcement will remain posted on PAI’s website until the position is filled. PAI is an equal opportunity employer and offers a flexible workplace and a competitive benefits package.