At PAI, we are motivated by one powerful truth: a woman who is in charge of her reproductive health can change her life and transform her community. PAI is a global organization that champions policies that put women in charge of their reproductive health, including access to contraception, and safe and legal abortion.
PAI achieves this through a 50+ year presence in Washington, DC, advocating with those who drive policy change, and defending against policies that harm women and girls. We also make it possible for civil society organizations in Africa, Asia and Latin America to access the funding, training and partnership they need to achieve policy change in their own local contexts. We are simultaneously on the front lines and in the background, focused first and foremost on the impact our work has on the lives of women and girls around the world.
The contribution of our 40 experts and staff is multiplied by an exemplary board of directors, and further leveraged by the work of partners in more than 17 countries. We pride ourselves on a strong set of institutional values that prizes excellence, teamwork, integrity and mutual respect. We hold firm our commitment to people, and as such we offer a generous benefits package, great work/life perks, and a flexible environment in which individuals are supported to be their best selves.
PAI is seeking a Digital Communications Associate who is a strategic thinker with a passion for online engagement and social media. S/he will raise the visibility of the organization by developing and implementing an online outreach strategy that will include PAI’s website, social media and email outreach. Candidates who show an appreciation for PAI’s commitment to strategic collaboration, to linking women’s health with other key development concerns, and to serving the underserved and most vulnerable will have an advantage.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- At least three years of full-time experience leading and implementing online strategy (web, email, social media)
- Proficiency with Google Analytics is a must
- Demonstrated knowledge of best practices in search engine optimization
- Proficiency with HTML and CSS
- Proficiency with Photoshop strongly desired
- Familiarity with Google Ads/ Google Grants
- Proficiency with email metrics and list management
- Familiarity with WordPress or other content management systems
- Strategic thinker committed to remaining on the cutting edge of online communications
- Passion for social media and dedication to measurement-based performance
- Excellent oral and written communications skills, with an ability to write precisely and concisely for internal and external audiences
- Proficiency with AP Style desired
- Motivated self-starter with ability to work independently
- A team player with a sense of humor, collaborative spirit, creativity and a commitment to PAI’s mission
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop, update and promote website and social media content
- Track, monitor and report on goals and the performance of all PAI’s online properties
- Manage web vendors and oversee development of new sites, landing pages, web experiences and other platforms needed for programs
- Coordinate outreach activities with coalition partners and build relationships with key organizations to advance PAI’s mission
- Write and edit print and digital publications as needed
- Assist with strategic communications planning including campaigns and events
- Work with PAI’s external relations department to execute online fundraising strategy, which includes website redesign, email, social media and online advertising
- Serve as team leader within the communications department on selected projects, which may include developing key messages, stories, event collateral and other content
- Other duties as assigned
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Please submit a cover letter, writing sample (maximum length 1 page) and resume to email@example.com with “Digital Communications Associate” in the subject line. This announcement will remain posted on PAI’s website until the position is filled. PAI is an equal opportunity employer and offers a flexible workplace and a competitive benefit package.