At PAI, we are motivated by one powerful truth: a woman who is in charge of her reproductive health can change her life and transform her community. PAI is a global organization that champions policies that put women in charge of their reproductive health, including access to contraception, and safe and legal abortion. PAI achieves this through a 50+ year presence in Washington, DC, advocating with those who drive policy change, and defend against policies that harm women and girls. We also make it possible for local civil society organizations throughout Africa, Asia and Latin America, to access the funding, training and partnership they need to achieve policy change in their own local context. We are simultaneously on the front lines and in the background, focused first and foremost on the impact our work has on the lives of women and girls around the world.
The contribution of our 40 experts and staff is multiplied by an exemplary board of directors, and further leveraged by the work of partners in more than 17 countries. We pride ourselves on a strong set of institutional values that prizes excellence, teamwork, integrity and mutual respect. We hold firm our commitment to people, and as such we offer a generous benefits package, great work/life perks, and a flexible environment in which each individual is supported to be their best selves.
We are seeking a skilled, motivated, team player to join our Finance Department as Concur Manager. Under the supervision of the Chief Financial Officer, the Concur Manager is responsible for complete oversight of all expenditures. The Concur Manager administers and manages the Concur software, processes all invoice payments, expense payments, and travel advances and reconciliations through the Concur system; manages vendors; implements PAI finance policy; and trains staff on finance procedures. Consistent with PAI’s team and mission-driven approach, the Concur Manager has an integral role in the Finance Department, as a member of the larger back office team and in training and communicating with staff to facilitate the smooth implementation of PAI finance policy. Moreover, the Concur Manager upholds the values of the organization engaging in mutual support with other members of the team and participates in PAI-wide initiatives.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field (Finance or Accounting) and 3+ years of related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Hands-on experience in managing and administering the Concur application.
- Team player with a positive outlook and friendly demeanor
- Self-starter with good attention to detail
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Acts as Concur Administrator, communicating with Concur vendor, troubleshooting the system, managing staff permissions, adding and correcting vendors, updating GL codes, credit cards and all other back-end duties.
- Payable transaction entry and processing through Concur: reviews all invoices for appropriate documentation and approval prior to processing/payment.
- Ensure timely payment processing of all vendor payments and employee expense reimbursements within published standards.
- Answers all vendor inquiries and manages vendor payment relationships.
- Maintains all accounts payable reports, spreadsheets and corporate accounts payable files.
- Verify and initiate all check and corporate credit card payments through Concur, ensures request for payment are compliant per PAI travel and expense policy, properly coded and accrued and approved in accordance with PAI approval matrix.
- Provides timely guidance to staff to assist with coding, approval or documentation discrepancies.
- Trains new and existing staff in Concur and on PAI finance policies and procedures.
- Ensure that contractual payments are in accordance with contract budgets and amendments and properly reconciled with the general ledger.
- Responsible for preparing and documenting account reconciliations on a quarterly basis for assigned GL accounts.
- Chief manager, administrator, and staff support for PAI’s corporate credit card program.
- Maintain Fixed Asset register, record depreciation and reconcile GL to reporting module.
Salary: Salary $60,000s to $70,000s, commensurate with experience.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Concur Manager” in the subject line. This announcement will remain posted on PAI’s website until the position is filled. PAI is an equal opportunity employer and offers a flexible workplace and a competitive benefits package.