At PAI, we are motivated by one powerful truth: a woman who is in charge of her reproductive health can change her life and transform her community. PAI is a global organization that champions policies that put women in charge of their reproductive health, including access to contraception, and safe and legal abortion. PAI achieves this through a 50+ year presence in Washington, DC, advocating with those who drive policy change, and defend against policies that harm women and girls. We also make it possible for local civil society organizations throughout Africa, Asia and Latin America, to access the funding, training and partnership they need to achieve policy change in their own local context. We are simultaneously on the front lines and in the background, focused first and foremost on the impact our work has on the lives of women and girls around the world.
The contribution of our 40 experts and staff is multiplied by an exemplary board of directors, and further leveraged by the work of partners in more than 17 countries. We pride ourselves on a strong set of institutional values that prizes excellence, teamwork, integrity and mutual respect. We hold firm our commitment to people, and as such we offer a generous benefits package, great work/life perks, and a flexible environment in which each individual is supported to be their best selves.
PAI is seeking a Communications Associate, Publications to oversee PAI’s publication production processes and assist with their timely execution and promotion. S/he will assist with the writing and editing of both print and digital materials and support organizational media relations. By maintaining vendor relationships, managing internal workflow and providing brand guidance to PAI staff, partners and external audiences, the communications associate will help to maintain the organization’s brand integrity.
Education and/or Experience:
- Innovative and proactive communications professional with at least three years of full-time experience, including vendor and production management
- Bachelor’s degree in communications or related field
- Strong communicator with the ability to use critical thinking and creative problem solving to achieve results
- Strong understanding of and experience with enforcing visual identity systems
- Media relations experience a strong plus
- Graphic design experience a plus
- Passion for issues of sexual and reproductive health, women’s rights and international development
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Marketing and agency experience highly desired
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee production processes and troubleshoot issues to ensure timely delivery of high-quality materials
- Manage print production schedules and print specifications for internal budget approval
- Meet with internal stakeholders to assess project and resource requirements
- Maintain and manage vendor relationships including initiating and evaluating vendor bids
- Write and edit print and digital publications as needed
- Support journalist cultivation under the direction of the assistant director of communications
- Write PAI press releases, advisories, op-eds, blogs and other media-related content
- Assist with strategic communications planning including campaigns and events
- Serve as team leader within the communications department on selected projects, which may include developing key messages, stories, visuals, event collateral and other content
- Monitor news and trends related to PAI’s programmatic issues
- Maintain and enforce discipline around communications planning and organizational brand guidelines
- Ensure high standards of presentation in all PAI print and electronic products, often in multiple formats and languages
- Track publications inventory in partnership with the communications coordinator
- Other duties as assigned
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with “Communications Associate, Publications” in the subject line. This announcement will remain posted on PAI’s website until the position is filled. PAI is an equal opportunity employer and offers a flexible workplace and a competitive benefit package.