Video Content Management Intern
A Video Content Management Intern is being sought by Population Action International (PAI). Population Action International advocates for women and families to have access to contraception in order to improve their health, reduce poverty and protect their environment. Our research and advocacy strengthen U.S. and international assistance for family planning.
This internship will focus on working with the Communications department to test and implement the business process for organizing digital content created through PAI’s video documentary work as well as finalize the upload of video materials into the Digital Asset Management system. The intern will also work closely with the Information Services (IS) department. The day-to-day work will be supervised by the Information Technology department.
Specific duties may include:
- Testing and providing feedback on the business process for organizing and preparing video content for PAI’s Digital Assets Management system
- Setting up analytical reporting on video content access and use; creating self-service reporting for Communications staff
- Helping to finalize the documentation for the video Digital Asset Management system
- Inventorying and processing incoming video files
- Uploading legacy video files to the video Digital Asset Management system
- Enrolled in a degree program where managing digital assets is a core skillset (Library Science, Digital Arts, Information Technology). Please list relevant coursework completed.
- Experience working with digital assets of all types: images, videos, audio, graphics, text-based.
- Experience with Adobe products
- Proficient with Microsoft products (Sharepoint experience a plus, but not required)
- General computer knowledge
- Working knowledge of classification systems and tools for content management
- Organized, detail oriented; accuracy and great follow-up skills are essential
Duration of Internship
January 27, 2014 – March 21, 2014
Interns work approx. 20 hours per week and will receive a small stipend.
- Emma Weinstein-Levey, Communications Coordinator
- Mary Panke, Strategic Knowledge Director (IS)
- Sarah Reidy, Director of IT
Resume with cover letter may be emailed to email@example.com. EOE.